Monday, October 12, 2009

The Problem

In the last year and a half I have found a new love in my life--blogs. I love to post on blogs, read blogs, reference blogs, quote blogs, and...well maybe that's it.

But the problem with this obsession is that there's always another blog to read. On my favorites list are no less than 10 blogs that I check almost every day. It doesn't take as much time as you might think since not everyone posts every single day. But the problem is that bloggers tend to link to other bloggers, and if I like one blog, chances are I will like the blogs they're linked to.

For example, Ollie's Mom has a blog. I read it, and she's linked to another old friend who has a blog. And she's linked to another blog called Centsational Girl.
Centsational Girl is a thrifty home-decor goddess. She posts all kinds of ideas about how to make your house look fabulous for less. In fact, today she's hosting a giveaway for a new beautiful faucet. Check out her blog to enter!

Another blog I've found through the jungle of links is called Chickpea Sewing Studio. Talk about adorable and inspiring sewing ideas! It makes me want to hide away in the office and talk to no one but my ole' Kenmore.


My aunt recently recommended In Praise of Leftovers, a blog dedicated to food and feeding a family on a budget--gourmet style! There are claims that she has posted the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe...which I have yet to test. But I will. Oh, I will.


Why do you read blogs? Is my little life your only venture into the blogging world, or are you a professional? What are your favorite blogs to read? Let's all share our favorite links so that we can spend yet another few minutes browsing the creativity of this world!

5 comments:

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook said...

Haha, I am having the same issue! Do you use google reader? You will love it if you don't already. My google bookmarks are overflowing with blogs I've found through other blogs. I like to call it 'blogstalking.' And then there's those people that get paid for it - I can't believe that people make a profession out of it! Imagine having hundreds of comments? I appreciate my select few readers. :)

The Claussens said...

I read them so I can keep somewhat updated with you all! :O)

I bookmark all the blogs I read in my toolbar. Then when I have some time to spare I check one or two. Works well so far! :)

Beanball said...

I am just starting to reach outside my world of just reading family blogs. Here are a couple I checked out today and thought some of your readers might enjoy:

Tongue in Cheek at http://www.willows95988.typepad.com/ is an American woman who married a Frenchman. They live in the South of France, and in this blog she posts funny/inspiring storied of their life there.

http://www.lisatutmanoglesby.typepad.com/ Crafting tutorials of all kinds

http://www.bellapink.typepad.com/ a journal where she "blathers on" about her life, kids, and many interesting topics. Wonderful photography.

http://www.soulemama.typepad.com/ post on baking, family, gardening, knitting and sewing accompanied by beautiful photos!

http://blog.betzwhite.com/ has a ton of sewing and knitting crafts with many tutorials (see right side column for a list)

That's good for now..... I have more to explore another day.....

Nancy said...

Morning Beth...where to start? I have my fav blogs orderd by types....cooking, sewing, homeschooling, photography, friends, political, French, English, Bible , etc....

I have over 40 blogs saved in my favorites, but only a handful do I visit each day.

Here are a few:
Mt. Hope Chronicles
By Sun and By Candlelight
My Cosy Little Whimsy Nook
Turkey Feathers
Paris Breakfasts
Tongue in Cheek Living
French Word A day
Candid Reflections
Santos Times
Yarnstorm
A Number of Things

and many many more.......:o)

Nancy said...

Ooh... I forgot one that I really enjoy for kids crafts....The Crafty Crow....