Thursday, June 18, 2009

A doozy...

Today was suppose to be the day that we finished checking el maestro out of school for the year. Somehow the morning got off to a late start...and then things got hectic. If I were a Twitter-er, this is what my updates would have looked like today.


10:00am
Water all over the kitchen floor. Oh, and dining room. We're talking half an inch or more. This CAN'T be good.

10:15
The water for the whole complex is shut off. The hose spigot in front of the unit is the culprit of the flood. Landlord is at work (fire station)...hopefully he'll get ahold of a plumber.

10:45
I wish I had more towels.

11:15
Having the Fire Chief for a landlord can add nice drama to life. There's a huge fire engine parked just outside!

11:45
Plumber here. I just talked our 93 year old neighbor into giving up the spigot. He's telling us he didn't do it...but the spigot is in his garage...

1:00pm
Locked in the bedroom with Gideon. Guess I should start my summer reading.

1:55
Spigot fixed, water back on. Only a minor hole in the back of our kitchen cabinet.

What a way to start the summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad it didn't happen when it was freezing outside with a foot of snow on the ground! Did you take a picture of the firetruck?

Molly said...

Whew! what a fun day, eh? Glad it didn't turn out worse though!

Scott said...

You forgot about the part where we don't have a floor anymore, and there is a loud dehumidifier running constantly.