Oh, I'm sorry. That wasn't the point of this post. The point of this post is to give you a delicious idea for a summer lunch that your husband/boyfriend/brother probably won't want to eat. (Sorry to the husband/boyfriend/brothers that may or may not be reading...)
But YOU will want to eat this! I think.
I present to you.....
Summer Salad Wraps
Last summer my sister in law (the other Beth) invented this delicious recipe. Then she shared it with me. And I hope she doesn't mind that I'm sharing it with you!
This treat begins with a tortilla and a bed of fresh lettuce. Then you add a few sliced strawberries, some avocado, and a little bit of red onion. On top of the fruit and veggies, spread out a little bit of chicken that has been marinated in a raspberry vinaigrette and then cooked however you like...baked, grilled, etc. After the chicken, sprinkle some Gorgonzola cheese (oh, yum!) and then, to top it all off, a bit of candied pecans.
When you roll this all together, it makes for the most balanced and deliciously flavorful treat! I've had it for lunch two days in a row!
Thinking about Gorgonzola cheese made me realize I'm glad God invented mold after all....
4 comments:
Very clever how you tied the entire blog together with mold!!!
Thanks for the wrap for lunch today! It really is as good as you say!
I see you are reading a Year in Provence. I love Peter Mayle! I read all his books during the height of my "all things French obsession"....happy summer reading to ya!
And the wrap looks and sounds wonderful.
so excited to be eating that very wrap in a few hours.... :)
Mmmm, glad that you´re getting some use out of that one! Looks tasty!
Post a Comment