Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers

I watched an obscure movie yesterday...and the only thing I got out of it was a good Father's Day line.

As the main character is about to hop in her car as she leaves her wedding, she hugs the man that gave her away and whispers, "I'll still never find a guy like you, Daddy."

I thought it was so sweet...because it isn't said negatively on the part of her new husband...it just kind of explains the way (ideally) that a girl feels about her Dad. He's got such a special place in the heart of his daughter that even a big, fancy, beautiful wedding and a handsome husband can't change the fact that she loves her Daddy!


It's true for me, at least. I guess you could call me a Daddy's girl. It's been done before. And I'm fine with that.
Love you, Daddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a keeper!

Beanball said...

It takes a very special man to be a good daddy! You are blessed!