Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break Dinner

I've been wanting to learn how to cook fish. It's suppose to be healthy for you, right? But I've not eaten much fish in my life. Tonight el maestro and I tried some cod fillets that ended up being pretty good. Not amazing, but good enough for a first try!

El maestro was in charge of the marinade. He found a simple recipe online. It was a nice mixture of a little dry white wine, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and thyme.



He used this wine. It's a local wine...and the Internet said that Sauvignon Blanc is a dry wine. I picked this particular bottle because the name is reminiscent of my husband's childhood, but the grapes are grown in sunny Eastern WA...a tribute to my childhood. I know...I'm such a wine connoisseur!

We marinated the fish for about twenty minutes before I threw it in a hot (450) oven. About 18 minutes later it appeared to be opaque and flaky. I think;)

Anyhoo...things came together in a nice dinner!


Roasted rosemary potatoes? Check!

Roasted asparagus? Check!

Lemon/herb baked cod? Check!

Levitating fork? Pretty close!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Nice dinner! Love the levitating fork idea ;-) Good angle for the photo shot, too......... You are so fun to read........

micaela jean said...

Yum! sounds tasty!

Krystle said...

haha i was just gonna say...is that fork levitating? did you make some for me too? i love fish.