I'd like to confess something. I have a weakness for TV infomercials. I always want to believe that everything is as easy as the announcer says it will be.
When I was in high school, my mom got me the Handystitch for my birthday. I was SO excited. Except that unfortunately I could never get the Handystitch to actually stitch anything. Still, it was fun to try!
Recently I was amazed to find out that my aunt owns a set of Sham-Wows! I even saw one in her car. I didn't have time to do any of the tests you see on the commercial...but the next time I am at her house, I am totally going to get a carpet sample, spill a can of pop on it, and then use the Sham-Wow to soak up every inch of moisture. Or something.
Anyway. Can you see that my innate optimism makes me an easy target for all these miracle gadgets? Luckily I've never actually spent my money on these things. Yet. Actually I have.
Last night at Target I saw this:
Oh my gosh...I have watched these ads a thousand times! Women painlessly and effortlessly smooth away all the hair on their entire bodies! I'm pretty sure that's what the commercials say...
Anyway, since I didn't have to pay shipping and handling....and I know that all of YOU at home are dying to know if this works....I decided to try it for you. I haven't had time yet. But I will. And then I will share if we should buy stock in this company and throw away all of our razors...or if you all should laugh at me for even trying it.
To Be Continued...
8 comments:
Oh my stars...
haha, this was a really funny post, and I hope it works out for you! ;)
P.S.
I love how the box says 'discovered in Europe'... I wonder what they used it for, being as they don't shave over there.....
I have seen those leg things as well and been very curious...you will have to let me know! :) I really would love for those SHAM-WOW things to work too...someday maybe i'll try one! :)
we all anxiously await to hear the results of this new wonder.......!
i'm still waiting to hear about the proactive! :P
This is hilarious!! I bought a slapchop last week for a friend who was obsessed with the infomercial (it is as great as they make it seem) and I own and love my sham-wow, green bags, and magic bullet!! And my roommate is adament about proactiv. Good times!
Great point, Miss M! I can't say I love infomercials, but I can't wait to hear how it goes (off!)
Post a Comment