
Aren't these adorable? They are actually little cake balls that have been shaped like cupcakes, dipped in melting chocolate and decorated. And they're on little lollipop sticks! For Bakerella's instructions, click here.
Bakerella's site has a dozen or more ways that she has decorated these cake pops...everything from Christmas to Election Day. So I've been feeling inspired. Just yesterday morning I was thinking, "These would be great for a bake sale! They're so cute I'm sure they'd sell in a snap! Maybe someday I'll need to bake something for a bake sale, and I'll bake these."
As luck would have it, that opportunity is now! The YMCA came to the staff room at school yesterday to ask us to donate to their yearly fundraising campaign. (Our principal is a campaigner for the Y as well, so they had an "in" at our school!) The representatives mentioned that a bake sale is going on all week to benefit the YMCA.
So, my goal is to make some cute cake pops, package each in a cellophane bag, and take them to the Y early on Saturday morning for their biggest day of the bake sale! This will be more fun that just writing a check, and I'm hoping the 40-50 cake pops you get from one batch will generate more money that I could give!
Soooo...the question is....who's with me? I'm a little scared and overwhelmed to try such a big project. Who wants to help me on this philanthropic endeavor?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Beanball?
You have such a nice big kitchen and all....
5 comments:
that sounds like fun...i may be in...i just dont know when...when are you planning on completing this endeavor?
You bet! My kitchen is open.... and if the snow/ice isn't gone from the switchback, I can shuttle anyone who comes from the top of it and back. I am no good at using dipping chocolate, but I will help in all other ways..... I am not home Thursday eve, but can be available all Friday (day and night).
oh MAN! Those are so cute! I want to help! :(
I am waiting patiently for pictures and an account of your attempt at making these.....
Hey, me too! I really want to know if i should try to make them! ;)
Post a Comment