Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bless His Heart....I think.

Last night I came home from a meeting and my husband was hard at work in the kitchen! He was making breakfast for dinner--bacon, eggs and hash browns!

For about 15 minutes I was able to check my email and relax until dinner was ready. That was a treat! I love it when el maestro makes dinner! But then I walked into our little kitchen and realized why I don't always love it...

I don't know what kind of a cook you are...but I'm definitely more of a clean-as-you-go type person. Really, I usually make sure the kitchen is clean to start with...and then its so much easier to clean up at the end!

My husband....not so much. He makes a mean breakfast. But somehow there is always bacon grease spattered from one side of the kitchen to the other. And grated potato on the counter. And the floor. And the side of the microwave?!?

The funny thing is that it doesn't bother him. And I'm sure he would have been willing to help clean up. However, after a scene like this, I'm somewhat hesitant to let him back in the kitchen.

Maybe that was his plan all along...

Nah. He was just being a team player and making dinner. Bless his heart.

6 comments:

Scott said...

In my defense, YOU left the ketchup out.

Anonymous said...

Nice job S.I.L.! Feel free to make breakfast for us! I agree that I am a clean-as-you-go gal, but it sure is nice to not worry about dinner.

Molly said...

I can relate to this EXACTLY! I love it when Eric cooks, but man, it's hard to believe that big of a mess can be made in so little time!

Beanball said...

Like father, like son........

Krystle said...

um, i would have to say im in the same dilemma most times. but i would much rather have someone else make me dinner and worry bout the cleanup later. or maybe they could just clean up too? in a perfect world...

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook said...

Haha, too funny!! This is exactly the giggle I needed this am! I am definitely a clean as you go gal too, but I'm also not really a like to cook gal. Go figure.